Buying a Commodity like Gold Bullion
When considering purchasing precious metals like Gold, you are buying into a physical asset. Prudent investors use precious metals such as gold, silver, platinum and palladium to balance their investment portfolio against underperforming equities, inflation, and as a hedge against the devaluation of the dollar during periods of economic uncertainty. In recent years we have seen increasing portfolio diversification towards tangible assets such as precious metals. In fact, many portfolio managers suggest that a well diversified portfolio should contain at least 5-15% of physical precious metals.
5 things you need to know are:
1. When you buy Gold you buy a physical ‘asset’ – Gold will always be gold, and gold will always be worth something.
2. Tangible assets like Gold can add balance to your overall investments through tough economic times while intangible assets tend to go up and down in value more dramatically.
3. Over the past few years more and more people have decided to stop putting all of their eggs in one basket – they’ve ‘diversified’ their investments by putting their money in a number of places that complement each other…like investing in gold.
4. A well diversified portfolio should include between 5-15% of physical metals.
5. Caché Metals can help you navigate your way through a precious metals